Overall Review for Grade 4:
- Healthy introduction to physical changes that begin to occur during puberty.
- Continuation of awareness of human fertilization and prenatal development. Parent needs to be aware that the teacher, per SOL 4.3, is asked to answer the following questions: “How does the sperm get to the egg?”, “How does it get into the woman’s body?”, “How does it from the penis into the woman’s body?.
- They separate boys and girls for all lessons.
- Four PowerPoint Presentations
- Teacher Resources list
Note: The following was listed as part of the curriculum but was not available at the time of review. Content of these materials may render a change in the color assessment. Parents are encouraged to contact Loudoun County Public Schools to make available these materials for review.
- Just Around the Corner for Boys
- Just Around the Corner for Girls
- What’s a Hygiene?
- My Plate and You
- Violence Prevention-When Should You Tell?